Wednesday

Can't keep a Secret?




Postsecret.com is a brilliantly simple blog concept. Its all in the name- you are invited to anonymously post a secret on a postcard for all of the world to see. The secret can be about absolutely anything;
"regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation".

The open philosophy of Postsecret has unsuprisingly produced some very interesting results. While browsing the site I found many of the posts were humorous, some were sad, and some were actually quite disturbing, still I was completely fascinated.
The project has been so successful that several books crammed full of confessions have been published- I think I will be buying one soon.

1 comment:

sd06ls said...

This is a great idea for a website. When people are anonymous they are more likely to be truthful and say what is on their mind, as I can see leading to weird and wonderful results.